But I did really like the town. There are 3,000 residents. Small small small. No Target. No Walmart. No McDonald's. No shopping. Something that I will have to get used to. But a good thing. More time to spend outside.
For bigger shopping we will have to drive about an hour to Omaha.
Our ward boundaries cover 100 miles. Our chapel is 25 miles away. 1 elementary, 1 high school, about 2 stoplights. But beautiful parks, lots of Nebraska pride, friendly people, good neighborhoods, a bowling alley, a community pool with a major slide!, beautiful rolling corn fields, farm land, and a big fat nuclear power plant right on the Missouri river.
A change. A different change. A good change. Fingers crossed.
Speaking of change...here's one that is not so good...
This is what happens when your crazy sister comes out to babysit your kids and you stay up way to late, drink way to much diet coke and think you can accomplish any hair fiasco in a day..... Please learn from me....


25 comments:
SO exciting! I'm glad you like it there and good luck with the house! That would be a relief for sure!
And the hair? It's really not so bad...you can pull anything off and look good!
goodluck with the house hunting! sound exciting yet exausting... i like your hair blonde!
The small town sounds wonderful, you could get anyone to move there with a description like that...I hope it all works out and you can have a place of your own, you guys definitely deserve it. I love the picture of you and your sister, too fun and I agree, your a beautimous blonde!
Small towns are great! That looks like a cool place, and the house looks lovely and has a nice big yard from what I can tell. I would love that! Your hair looks great! What are you talking about?
I've always wanted to live in a small town like that. I'm not so secretly jealous! Sounds beautifully wonderful.
Well, I like your hair dark, it's definitely a big change! But you had it blonde before, so you'll get used to it.
Happy Birthday to Baby.
I wish I was moving! I like changes like that.
--By the way, don't be jealous of my hand-me-down car, its 7 years old and has 100k miles on it.
oh, i'm kicking myself for not getting my butt over and snagging some hairbows. she didn't leave any with you to sell, did she?
gracie told me "leah's mom changed her hair to orange, but she still has the same voice."
My favorite look is still the stripes in Charleston!
Love the hair, cute cute house, wanna come and visit sometime!
Cute house, I am partial to ramblers (bungalows too--the cozier the better). Anson grew up in a small town where everything except Albertson's was an hour away--the town grew and he remembers the first fast food that went in--a Jack in the Box. He has fun memories of growing up, I'm sure your kids will love it.
Good luck getting the house!
Ohhhh man. Kids tell the truth dont they Heidi!
I do have some....ya want em?
Tiffany.... stripes were all the rage back then werent they?
I love it!! It reminds me of what you used to look like in Charleston. Yet you are more beautiful now!! Miss you girl.
Sounds like you were pretty successful. I hope the house works out for you! Think of the money you'll save while living in a small town with no shopping. You can't hop in the car for bread and milk and come home having spent $40 on other "necessities."
I'm excited for you!!!
When can I come over and see pictures of the inside of your future house? That big, green yard with the "mature shade trees" looks like a little slice of Mid-American heaven. Can't wait to see your new do. BTW--come walking at the Botanical gardens next week. I've got an empty seat in my double jogger just waiting for Asher:).
Ahhh Brooke....id love to come next week but Ill be um in PUERTO RICO!!!!!
Love the house, love the hair! I wanted to see the inside! If you get that one, you have to take pics of the inside!
I can't believe you went back to blonde...I thought we were friends... Still, it's cute.
I have the desire to raise my kids in a small town, but mostly the size of St. George when we were kids. I wouldn't mind even smaller! I have always been a fan of Enterprise, UT and always wanted to live there. Looks like I'll have to settle in Utah County! I bet your kids will love your new destination!
Wow, are you sure not moving to my small little town here in MN? Our drive to church is 35 minutes and shopping is an hour too.. get used to being in the car & packing on the miles!
It took me a couple years to appreciate living in a small town but I totally love it now and wouldn't change it for anything! But brace yourself for winter. When it cold and snowy and you have no where to go because everything is to far & the roads are to bad.. don't worry, you'll learn to love that too!
Janey...dont hate me. I probably be dark by next week :)
Emma....oh man. You just made my stomach hurt thinking about winter and its blues.
heck yeah i want 'em!
I think Auburn sounds so ideal. I love the house you're looking at. The yard is beautiful and big. I'm getting so excited for you!
I can't keep up with you guys...now Julie's hair is dark and yours is blonde. You both look like babes as always!
Ok- Love the hair it reminds me of Charleston. I thought you were pretty hot then so it works for me. Yeah- have fun in the small town we might be moving to Boise and thats the smallest town I ever want to be in. If there is no Target or Gap there will be no Brittney. Maybe you all can get motorcycles so going in to church wont cost a ton in gas! When do you move?
Jaesi, you look good no matter what is on your head! Enjoy the beach and bring us back some of that sunshine!
Hope you get the house. We are playing that game too right now. I like the hair. It's sassy.
How exciting! I hope you got the house. The small town sounds just perfect. I can't wait to get out of the city.
I dig the hair, though mine's dark and am partial to it. :) The top picture totally cracked me up. I think that's how I must look to hair stylists when I'm getting my hair done. I'm always freaked, even if it's someone I trust.
Post a Comment